Earlier this year we told you about an upcoming show that would be geared toward EV enthusiasts and the EV-curious. We told you it’d be called Autopia 2099 and it’d have a retro-futuristic vibe. We also told you it’s being brought to you by some of the biggest names in the automotive industry, including one of the co-founders of Radwood.
(Full disclosure: EVPulse‘s Chad Kirchner is on the Autopia 2099 committee.)
Now, we’re here to tell you that you can purchase tickets for this event.
- Where: Optimist Studios, 5431 West 104th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- When: Dec. 4, 2021
- Where do I find out more: Check out Autopia 2099 on Twitter and Instagram for announcements as they become available.
- What’s eligible: Anything powered by electricity. Your home-built projects, your brand-new Nissan Leaf, your experimental hydrogen fuel cell in-line skates, or your kid’s Power Wheels, it’s all welcome. Whether you’re a hyper-miler or a racer or anywhere in between, if you have an appreciation for electric propulsion, Autopia 2099 is where you want to be.
- What else: Retro-futurism is the name of the game with this show. We’re throwing it back to bring it forward. Buck Rogers, Atomic Age, world’s fair, Eames chair, mid-mod, ray gun type stuff. Dress it up, dress it down, bring a good attitude.
- Where do I buy tickets: Check out the Eventbrite page here.
Tickets are just $5 for spectators, and if you want to bring your electric-powered ride, it’s $15.
Nissan is the event’s title sponsor, and expect cool rides from them, some of the event’s other great sponsors, and even from some of the local EV tuning shops in the Los Angeles area.
EV Pulse will be on hand helping out, and we’ll be sure to bring you the latest and greatest from what happens there. If you see us around, be sure to stop and say, “Hello!”
For more information and updates, check out the Autopia 2099 website!