As we near the end of 2020, companies are preparing for how they’re going to improve things next year. For a company like J.D. Power, that means looking at their survey and awards and evaluating what’s next.
Per a release sent to EV Pulse, J.D. Power will have 5 new EV studies next year. The company is partnering with PlugShare to make the magic happen. Here’s what the company said to expect;
Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Ownership Study
- EVX-Ownership, driven by PlugShare, sets the standard for benchmarking satisfaction with the critical attributes that affect the EV ownership experience for both BEV and PHEV vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Consideration (EVC) Study
- EVC surveys new-vehicle shoppers, especially those who have not yet purchased an EV. What’s holding them back?
Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Home Charging Study
- EVX-Home Charging, driven by PlugShare, captures consumer attitudes, behaviors and satisfaction, setting the standard for benchmarking home charging station performance.
Electric Vehicle Experience (EVX) Public Charging Study
- EVX-Public Charging, driven by PlugShare, provides “in-the-moment” consumer behavior, attitudes and satisfaction with the experience of using EV public charging stations.
Electric Vehicle Mobile App Study
- EV Mobile App evaluates the user experience and best practices with automakers’ EV smartphone applications.
These studies should give us a better insight into the EV buying public, what motivates their purchases, and generally why they think the way they do.
It’ll be good insight into bringing you better coverage, plus it’ll be an excuse to hit up our favorite J.D. Power contact and annoy him. In management, that’s called a “win/win.”
One study will come out per month, and the fun starts in January.