Where power is readily available, especially the 3 Phase required for fast charging, it is easy to add electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
But what if there isn’t? What if you want to add a charging station where power isn’t easy to find? What if you want that power to be renewable? Then you need to look at an option like solar.
Electrify America just introduced solar-powered charging in Fresno County, California. These are all-in-one units with hardware from Beam Global and are pretty slick.
The all-in-one design makes them easy to deploy, and the onboard solar panel can adjust its orientation throughout the day to capture the most sun to store on the onboard batteries.
“Electrify America is an established leader in the EV charging industry and we’re thrilled to continue to deploy our EV charging infrastructure products with them,” said Desmond Wheatley, CEO of Beam Global.
This is all part of Electrify America’s plan to invest $2 million in solar-powered EV charging.
The solar-powered chargers are free to use for Electrify America customers, and are located at the following locations;
- Donny Wright Park, 630 West Fresno Street, Fowler, CA 93625
- Orange Cover City Hall, 633 6th Street, Orange Cove, CA 93646
- Parking Lot, 1st Street/E. Front Street, Selma, CA 93662
- Police Department, 17051 12th Street, Huron, CA, 93234
- Police Department, 8770 S. Mendocino Ave, Parlier, CA 93648
- City Parking Lot, Corner of H and 12th Street, Reedley, CA 93654
- City Parking Lot, 643 Quince Street, Mendota, CA 93640
- Veterans Park, S. Indianola Ave/E. Jensen Ave, Sanger, CA 93657
Have you used one of these chargers? Let us know!